Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Play it forward...the Liebster

Phil at The Rifleman blog gave me the nod for the Liebster Blog award.  Phil, thank you sir!  If you've never visited The Rifleman, you need to check it out.  He does AARs in a way you've never seen before-see his recent Sedan battle report!  He also stages drop dead gorgeous armies from throughout history.  Phil blogs in both English and French but with Google Chrome and the built in translator, there's no reason to limit yourself to English  language blogs.
The cool thing about the Liebster is the chance to recommend 5 blogs.  Considering how many I follow and enjoy, it's an almost impossible task but here it goes:

1. The Monkey That Walks: Markus is a member of one of the best gaming clubs in the world, where he gets to play and paint EVERYTHING under the sun! His love of hobby shines through, as does his excellence in painting.   Always a fun read.  

2. Wilderness of Mirrors:  Gilles is another master painter who's always willing to offer advice for painting my 15mm armies.  I really appreciate his tutorials as well as his sense of humor!  If only I could take a tube under the ocean to visit, I would!

3. Der Feldmarschall:  Jason's "This week in Military History" posts are a blast to wade through and frankly, must take hours to collect.  His 28mm armies are to die for and when he does a Warhammer post, you'd think you were viewing White Dwarf on line.  

4. Sword and Sandal Gaming: Peter's blog  is one of the first ever I followed.  True to it's name, with an emphasis on ancients and Field of Glory along with Hail Caesar.  I've shamelessly used it as a reference for my painting many a time.  

5.  Tarty's Tin is a visual treat in 28mm. His new blog starts off with a bang and keeps rolling with Impetus armies from the Ancient through Medieval era.  Lovely stuff!

There are so very many great bloggers and painters that I haven't scratched the surface. So to save me from scouring the internet,  play it forward and recommend 5 more blogs, gentlemen!  

16 comments:

  1. Congrats Monty. Well deserved and some great nominations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! No blog can make me lol like yours! Remember your post about doggie poop bags and biking trails? :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats(!)...an many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for recommending me. I greatly appreciate the exposure. And feedback too Phil. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Monty,

    thanks a lot for this Award! I would like to thank also all the people who put faith on me and voted for me, Mickey my trainor, my wife Adrian for her patience,all my sparing partners and cub mates! Ho! sorry it was the speech I prepared in case I won the fight ;-)

    more seriously I'm very proud of this honour ! I follow your blog, inspired by what I find in it ( ok more and more temptations of new armies to paint ;-) )and all you share with us;
    ready to welcome you at the tube station ;-)

    Cheers

    Gilles Balboa ;-)

    Ps: not very easy to paint figures with boxing gloves ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky, I mean, Gilles. lol! You always bring the funny.

      I greatly appreciate your sense of humor, comments, blog and emails as well. Have a great day, sir!

      P.S. If I could put the brush down, I'd start reading the Kevin Dallimore painting book. Its right next to me so no excuses.

      Delete
  5. Yes good one Monty, I'm still new to the blogging world but - compelling- is how I would describe your small piece of it, always something going on. Sterling stuff Monty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Monty! I guess I know what my next weekend post will be ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been clicking through to the recommended blogs and I've found some good ones. Looking forward to your list!

      Delete
  7. Hi Monty, congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. I've always appreciated your feedback. With my Hungarians v2, I switched to a much lighter sand and basing color just as you once recommended. I do like the results after I got used to the BIG change.

      Delete
  8. Congrats Monty and thanks for the Nom. Your blog is definitely always joy to visit despite the tiny little guys you somehow manage to paint so well.

    As you guessed, the military history posts take so much time to write that I had to unfortunately give them up. Now I just have to finish up some painted project of my own. :-)

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hunch, based on how long it takes me to write a historical background post. For me, a very long time!

      With Christmas break, there'll be some extra time to paint. I'm still thinking about what I might paint in 28mm in 2013.

      Delete