Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm a winner!

The other day, I clicked into Ray Rousell's wonderful Dont' throw a 1 blog and saw my mug staring back at me.  I'd won his drawing for free painting services!  The picture was cropped from my blogging avatar, which my kids tell me is just horrible and sad.  And here it is, posted up on a blog with 670+ followers.

Every winner starts by saying they never win anything and  it's true...I never win anything.  Just thumb through my AARs for proof!  So I was very excited to win free painting services from Ray's Battleaxe Painting Service. A funny thing happened on my way to collect my prize.  I saw that another blogger had stuffed the ballot box but for a very good cause.  She'd acquired some gorgeous SYW models just for Ray to paint up.  All I have on hand are 28mm Saga figures and as I thought it over, I couldn't stand in the way of a brilliant idea. Ray obligingly allowed me to transfer my prize (but not my good luck) to Anne of Anne's Attic. As a quick aside, she has a hilarious sendup on the selection of an Irish pope that will split your sides.   The Irish have special dispensation from the Holy See to be irreverent once a year and she's used it well.
So thank you Ray for your blog, your humor and the prize!  And congrats on 400K hits.  The rest of us can only dream.

Monty "Lucky Man"