Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Footsore USA is open!

Attention US Saga-mites!  Footsore Miniatures USA is open and taking orders.  Bill Thornhill oversees the Ohio location that manufactures & ships to US customers. If you haven't tried Footsore, give them a go. When you do, you'll discover top-shelf figures that are among the best in the market.

Footsore is just the ticket for the new warbands in the SAGA supplement Aetius & Arthur. They've got Goths, Early Saxons, Irish, Late Roman, Romano-British and Early Byzantines. Picts will be released as well and I'll  order them as soon as they go up. In the meantime, I'm painting a new Mutataww'ia warband using Footsore's Saracen figures. More on that to come...


I'm currently making a display board using Golden Gel Mediums Crackle paste. If all goes well, this will be the Spanish display board for the US Grand Melee.   Here's hoping it looks like a dried riverbed or salt flat when it's done.  So far, it is crackly!  

Last up, I finished a new warlord for my Moors.  I like to paint up multiple warlords for each of my warbands.  Much like Lincoln and the Union army, I'll swap out leaders until I find a winner.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out.


I was less happy about his first time on the table.  The poor bugger went down to a swarm of  Milites Christi knights. If he keeps it up, he'll get the hook just like McClellan.  And Hooker.  And Pope. Feeling #Kindofblue.