Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Victrix Numidians

I finished up my Victrix Numidian warband this weekend.  Like many of my projects, this was not planned.  I got a box of mounted Numidian warriors as part of a trade. After putting them together, I loved the look of them so much I put in an order for a whole warband.  These lads will run under the Saga Age of Hannibal rules.  I've painted Numidians so many times in 15mm.  It was a treat to finally paint them in 28mm.  I'm greatly enjoying painting and playing ancients in this scale! 

The Ellie is from Northstar Miniatures.  I took a Numidian horseman, cut his legs off (sorry!) and used greenstuff to mount him on the elephant's neck.  If you want an Ellie bigger than the Victrix model or one without a Howdah, Northstar is a great alternative. 

Shout out to Little Big Men Stuido shield transfers.  Though pricey, they pop nicely once you paint them in and dull them down with a matte sealer.  I might buy and build the Numidian Shield and Spear infantry to round out this bunch. No project is every quite done, is it?   





16 comments:

  1. A lot of great looking Numidian cav and elie, Monty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean! I appreciate it. It'll be fun to have them out on the table soon.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant brushwork Monty, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray! Thank you, they were a fun bunch to paint.

      Delete
  3. Hi Monty,

    nice paintwork! the horses are top notch!
    the different horse tones add to the dynamic of the band !
    they are fabulous!
    I hope they will be effective on table as were their historical parents;-)
    paint the spearmen !more dreadlocks to pull!

    take care.

    Gilles "Roma Victor!" (or not?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilles! I miss you, my friend! thank you for your kind words and I do think there'll be more in the future.

      Delete
  4. Monty, this kind of thing is NOT good for my project focus. How am I going to get stuff done if you keep distracting me with new pretties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcus, thanks! I need to have a look and see what you're painting!

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking Numidian force and great looking elephant and mahout!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ian! Apologies, my blog gets spammed badly and I didn't get a notification of a new comment for review!

      Delete
  6. Lovely work, Monty. You're a painting machine!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete