Three more pieces of terrain...this time I got more adventurous with a jigsaw in shaping the 8" by 10" hardboard. I clustered the scatter/sand around the outer edges. I did try to make a gully but failed. At first, I built up lots of putty on the board and then carved out a gully. Since 15mm figures must be able to move onto and through these without tipping over, I realized that what I'd done would not work. I scraped off most of putty until I had just a thin layer remaining. I carved out gullies but again, it didn't look right. Lastly, I tried painting a gully into the piece but that didn't turn out either. Maybe I'll just put a letter "G" on the piece and call it good.
Another farm field.
The kidney bean.
Enough with the terrain. It's time to get a few games in. The problem is summer is winding down here in Minnesota (NOOOO!) and its hard to get a game going when the weather is nice outside.