Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bolt Action & Chain of Command

Fellow blogger Jason Meyers aka Der Feldmarschal is running a sharp looking Bolt Action event this weekend.  This set a fire under me to finish my Rubicon T-34/76. I had trouble with my airbrush splattering on my last highlight.  To cover it up, I had to go over everything a 2nd time and wiped out my panel highlights.  Ah well.

I put my 1000 point Soviet force out on my battle board for pictures. Now I need to read the rules a time or two and I'll be set for the big game day.





In other East Front action, my friend Hugh and I fired up a Chain of Command Citadel campaign. We finished the 1st campaign representing Gross Deutschland's attack at Kursk with his German's nudging out a minor victory over my Soviets.  The scenarios featured the early German attempts at a breakout. The Germans fielded a Tiger tank in 3 of the games and it was a monster!  In one, I stopped it only by popping an ambush with a flamethrower at short range.  The Tiger panicked and withdrew.  In another, my ZiS-3 and the Tiger traded shot after shot. The Tiger wised up and moved out of sight behind a building.  My crew manhandled the gun forward until they could take a shot at the beast.  And brewed it up. Epic! I was too engrossed in our games to get many pics but here is the showdown between the ZiS-3 and the Tiger.


We're going to start Part 2 of the campaign. After fighting Round 1 with no tanks, I'll be painting 3 T-34s for a scenario where I can field up to 4 of them.  Should be great fun and I hope to report back "The Tigers are Burning!"

Campaigns are the best.  I love the color, narrative, and story they bring. TooFatLardies always does a great job with their supplements.  I had only one platoon to see me through my first 5 engagements. I had to play conservatively to keep my force intact and that after all is the whole point of a campaign.  Bonus, this gave me the impetus to paint up a platoon of Black Tree Design Soviets to replace my Warlord plastics.

15 comments:

  1. Best of luck for the game Monty and do pass on my regards to Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking most impressive Monty! BA is a fun game to play and I‘m sure you‘ll like it. Especially when shoving such lovely painted miniatures around the table.
    We‘re also engaged in a CoC campaign at the moment and it‘s awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love BA but CoC with a campaign, that cannot be beat!

      Delete
  3. Excellent collection of Russians, Monty! Very impressive as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there is fun on the horizon. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Stew! It was a great event, I'll be back for sure.

      Delete
  5. Your Soviets look great, Monty! Our group likes Chain of Command as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work on those russians, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete