Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Dead Man's Hand

Great Escape Games keeps DMH fresh with a steady stream of new figures, gangs and color items. First up is the Tong Gang.  If you're a fan of the HBO series Deadwood, you'll recognize the fellow with the meat cleaver as Wu. Sometimes after a bad day at work, I too shake my fist and meat cleaver at the heavens. I had a bit of fun mixing up my blacks with green, blue and grey tints.


More Zombie denizens for the Curse of Dead Man's Hand.  A bit gruesome and colorful!

The Count and his motley gang.  Here's hoping they're as fun to play as they were to paint. 


Lastly, a hodgepodge of color items for the game. Rest easy, I sourced the snake colorings (other than the anaconda) to the American West. Today's post shows why painting for Dead Man's Hand remains one of my favorite subjects 3 years on. Where else do you get to paint snakes, zombies, horses, zombie cattle, Dracula and Wu too?



14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful set of characters Monty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Shades of the "Thriller" video in that zombie set!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one, Aaron! I almost forgot about that video. Now its stuck in my head.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant job Monty, Wu was one of my favourite characters - so much said with so few lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael and agreed. Deadwood is only one state over and I think about what life was like back then. And then I'm glad I was born into this age!

      Delete
  4. A great set of figures Monty! Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top notch Monty! DMH looks like a fun game, especially with miniatures as nice as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michal! It is a great game.

    ReplyDelete