Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

T-34s and a KV-2

After finishing the Chain of Command campaign "Storming the Citadel" (Kursk) my buddy asked if I was interested in the Part 2 campaign continuation. CoC is a great game and their campaigns make the game shine more brilliantly.  There was the time my Soviet flamethrower popped an ambush on a Tiger tank to break Grossdeutschland's platoon force morale and save the day. Or the prolonged duel between my dug in ZiS-3 and another Tiger tank. So many Tigers at Kursk and yes, some were burning.  So, of course, I said yes to part 2, "Citadel, the Breakthrough."

I ordered the Warlord Games T-34/76 platoon and hustled them through my painting queue along with a Warlord Games resin KV-2. At the finish line, not bad! I can't wait to run 4 T-34s in a 28mm game. I'm sure getting the right command dice will be a struggle but still...

In October, I've got a Bolt Action 1,250 point event.  It's just the excuse I need to put my newly painted KV-2 out on the table!









31 comments:

  1. Awesome Soviet armor, Monty! You've put a serious bug in me to get that KV2 I once was going to get. That crazy big turret is just too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, and thanks Dean. The KV-2 screams Land Battleship to me, including a 152mm howitzer. I can't wait to get it out on the table in our BA event!

      Delete
    2. Thanks man, its my favorite right now!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Pru,I hope your 15mm ancients is going well!

      Delete
  3. Outstanding work on your Soviet armor, Monty! No matter the scale or genre, your figures always have that 'pop' on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnathan! Very kind words, that means a LOT to me. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! Hope you're managing to get some sleep with a baby in the house. Its the start of your own gaming club!

      Delete
  5. Wonderfull realistic colours!
    We love mud on the tracks!
    Brav!😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That Vallejo mud is a great product!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Fran! Thanks and great to see you back up on the blog. I hope all is well in Ireland!

      Delete
  7. Damn, but that is some nice armour! Excellent work on these defenders of the Motherland, Monty.😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Evan! It should be fun to get 4 T-34s out on the table. Lets see how long I can keep them alive!

      Delete
  8. Excellent work Monty and CoC is a superb system so I can understand wanting to get things done to play more scenario's and campaign's!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher! Normally, you say "paint 4 tanks" and I'd sigh. Its proof of how good CoC is that I instantly said 'yes."

      Delete
  9. I love the weathering, chipping and fading on these guys, it's first rate. The KV2 is one of those wonderful iconic tanks, even if they are slow and probably doomed on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael! Thanks so much, that means a lot! I do love the look even if the reality was they went out quickly.

      So happy to hear that you've found Joy in your life. You two look so happy! Hugs from all of us to both of you.

      Delete
  10. Love these models.Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great Monty! I‘m sure they‘ll teach those Germanz a lesson or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. It will be fun to run them for sure!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful weathering! They look great.

    ReplyDelete