Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

More Bolt Action

Early this year, I sold off a chunk of my Soviet Bolt Action army. I didn't play the game often and when I did, I didn't play it well. Then Jason Meyers (of the Der Feldmarschall blog) started running quarterly Bolt Action events. His superb events and the great players who turn up for them have lit a fire.  I recently finished a Trenchworx T-28, White Scout car, and a twin turreted T-26.  Every one was a superb model so bravo, Trenchworx! Bonus, I'm finally getting the hang of my Badger airbrush. I also painted up Warlord Games Scouts and Engineers because...why not?





My Soviets have been in heavy rotation since summer.  I've used them in What a Tanker, 2 Chain of Command campaigns and 3 Bolt Action tournaments.  In the tournaments, I landed Best Overall General, Best Painted, and Best Allied General. Enough bragging.  I'll finish with a few pictures from my Bolt Action games.








22 comments:

  1. Outstanding work, Monty! Your armor looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnathan! Thanks! I hope all is well in Washington and your corner of the world.

      Delete
  2. The weathering on your Russian vehicles is superb Monty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking game Monty, splendid terrain and figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking troops and tanks! I must have a go with my bolt action Soviets, I've only had them painted for a year! Great looking T28 too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! BA Soviets are so much fun. The options for painting and playing are endless.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic work and who hasn't sold an army and then started it again, it's the hobby........the disease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran! Hope all is well on the home and painting front. And for sure, I've got that disease.

      Delete
  6. Very good terrain, models and figures !
    Good photos... all is here !
    Some one seems have left sudenly the piano... We still can heard some music from here !
    Bravo !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one! That is my shout out to Shosty and his "Siege of Leningrad" Symphony.

      Delete
  7. Splendid work, Monty - the weathered armour is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan! We're lucky to paint in a time with so many weathering products and options.

      Delete
  8. Great looking figures and models as always, Monty! Those games look awesome as well - oh, and congrats on your well-deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! I am quite happy to have landed a "Best Painted."

      Delete
  9. Very nice looking games! Hope your spammer has moved on. Quite a lame problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It was a daily thing. Surely there are many more interesting things to do in life than target 1 blog.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful minis and vehicles. I love that submarine scenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully, that was an amazing table and my last game in the 2 day event against the BA legend John Stentz. I kept it close right up to the end!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful work Monty, shame you sold your first lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! I eventually sell everything I paint under "I can always paint more" rule. Its kind of cool because the new owner and I keep up on our BA adventures. :-)

      Delete