Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Hengist and Horsa

Today's post is a quick bit of fun that turned out nicely! These are Gripping Beast's "Penda the Pagan" and his second.  I based them up separately to run them as Hengist and Horsa for my early Saxons. The fellow with the spear was a bit boring until I dug up my "Murder of Crows" from Zombicide. Now I've got the "Raven Whisperer." The Viking Runestones are from Fenris Games. The Odin Berserker is an Isle of Lewis chesspiece from Etsy with an eye carved out. All in all, a nice bit of color.




21 comments:

  1. Very cool images and fine figures, Monty. Love that huge totem too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the pics did turn out nicely!

      Delete
  2. Great looking figures and a superb finish with the Penda figures. Excellent figures!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice work! Looks like a fantastic looking game. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I'm lucky to have so many great Saga players and painters in my area.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful paint jobs. The raven whisperer is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully! The ravens did have a big impact.

      Delete
  5. Great looking miniatures! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew and yes, good job Gripping Beast!

      Delete
  6. Job's a good 'un, Monty, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Evan. And I'll do a better job on island geography and history. :-)

    ReplyDelete