Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

Bound for Adepticon!

4 days and 12 hours till I travel to Chicago for Adepticon and the US SAGA Grand Melee.  This year, I'm in 3 events and co-running a 4th. Thursday is a Legends of Camelot narrative organized and hosted by Joe Rogers of Saga Thorsday fame! Friday I'm co-running the Age of Vikings doubles. Saturday is the Age of Crusades and Sunday we finish with Age of Vikings.  Sooooo excited!  We have a bunch of regulars who turn out every year.  This is my one opportunity to catch up and game with Sagamites from all over the US and abroad too.

The author of SAGA, Alex Buchel, will be attending this year! Each night, I'll be down in the Great Hall for Night Saga. Night Saga includes libations, chill games and loads of laughs.

Here's my Welsh warband on a new display board. It's a bit simple because I'm using it for 3 events and warbands.  I'll use it for Bolt Action too. If you're attending Adepticon this year, pop into the Saga Great Hall and say hello!







15 comments:

  1. Have fun Monty, I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fine looking Welsh. Bummed that I missed Adepticon this year, but I'll be back next year. I hope you have lots of pics to share. Who won Best Painted for the various events? -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, we missed you! I mention this for humor only but once word got out that you didn't make it, someone said "that opens up the field in Best Painted. :-) In AoC, Scott DeRung won with his Mutatawwi'a and fine camles. In AoV, Jason Meyer won with his Vikings. I managed a "best warlord" in the Age of Arthur with my foot warlord.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha. That's funny. I hope to be back next year to reclaim my title. My plan is to bring Baba Yaga and my Pagan Rus. :)

    I'm anxious to see photos of this year's SAGA armies and the events.

    Do you have any shots of your awarding winning warlord?

    BTW, your Mutatawwwi'a look great. Painting their spears and bows red is a brilliant idea! It breaks up the black and grey and really catches the eye.

    Do you know if DeRung or Meyer have blogs or if they post their work on message boards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you know you'll be the Vegas favorite going into 2020! And Pagan Rus took the top spot in the Age of Vikings. I just posted a photo dump from the doubles and I'm working on a blog post. I came down with a bug and my photography dropped off as I slowly sunk into oblivion. You can find Jason's lovely Vikings up here: http://derfeldmarschall.blogspot.com/
      Scott doesn't have a blog and I'm not sure I got a good pic.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. The lighting in the hall is abysmal. I wish they could bring in some extra lighting for showing the models.

    Having Bill Thornhill score paint must have been a real treat. Bummed that I missed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always next year! It was cool to have Bill T do the scoring. I asked him if there was a bonus for having an all Footsore warband.

      Delete