Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

US Grand Melee

4 full days and nights of Saga, and what a great run it was! We had two fellows from Australia, three from the UK, and Alex Buchel from France.  It was great to see old friends and make new ones.

I finished on the top table in Joe's Age of Arthur event, killing Arthur but dying in a mutual warlord eradication exchange.  In the Age of Crusades, I finished on the top table against my buddy Stephen H where my Moors lost to the Pagan Peoples.  In the Age of Vikings, I finished 3rd overall.  On my way home, I thrilled my wife and daughter with countless stories of battles won and lost, and plans for next year!

First up are pics of the doubles warbands.  Then the Doubles itself.  It's such a great event!





































19 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Certainly were a lot of beautiful battle boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! The terrain and tables are top shelf, thanks to Eric H and John S. Now if I could just do a stellar display board...

      Delete
  2. Those are some great warbands; well done on your result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks! A bit blue that the GM has come and gone but there is always next year.

      Delete
  3. What a wow! What an armies! Looking aweaome!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! Hey, Poland is having a Grand Melee soon!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting all the pics. I see a lot of familiar faces in the crowd.

    Jason's Vikings look great. Those old Foundry models have so much character. The blood spattered shields are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn, thanks! True story, I told my buddy Jason that they'd love his Vikings at the Grand Melee. And then he went out and won best painted.

      Delete
  5. I like the way you included a pic of the bar.., seems required for saga. 😀
    Nice pics of the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew, the bar is actually just a spot between boards. We have a professional sommelier who keeps us quite entertained/loaded during our matches. I tend to not drink when Im in the hunt and then drink when I'm out of the running. That way, I win when I lose!

      Delete
  6. Great armies! Thank you very much for reporting 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing event and well played you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to make it to the UK for one of your big shows. One day!

      Delete
  8. I'm laughing, because the two jokers in you final pic are gaming buddies of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too cool! Do they travel up to game with you or did they travel down to the US to game at Adepticon? If we had guys from Canada, I missed it!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic pictures, what a great looking event!

    ReplyDelete