No painting pegstands with this lot. I glued them straight on their horses and painted away. I was going to base the warlord and his bannerman together but that fizzled when I discovered only one horse and rider fit neatly on a 50mm warlord base. In the alternate, I'll keep the warlord and his faithful bannerman a matching pair on the tabletop.
While painting shields on the last two batches of Normans was good practice, I had LBMS shield transfers sitting unused. So, shields and banner by the always superb LBMS.
I worked the shield colors into the helmets for some of these lads. That kind of color coordination is probably fantasy but pleasing to the eye. I also took care in picking up the shield tranfer colors and blending them into the shield rims. The result is seamless enough that a couple of my friends thought these were scratch-painted! I should have said, "why of course..." and let them marvel!
I've got a game of Saga on the books for this weekend. I hope to post up an AAR next week. All painting and no play makes Monty a dull boy.