Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Victrix Gauls

Saga Age of Hannibal gave me a reason to finally paint naked Gauls in 28mm...bucket list item checked! Seriously, these Victrix plastics are quite lovely.  At the finish line, this warband is 48 warriors, 12 levy archers, and 6 chariots. The LBMS shield transfers make them shine. I couldn't find naked archers so I had to sub in Crusader Miniatures archers in pants. Not being warriors leading a from the front, they're not allowed to be sun clad.  After a year of Age of Hannibal, I can say the Gauls live up to the motto "When in doubt, charge!" 








6 comments:

  1. Those turned out great, and yeah, love the transfers. Looks like there's enough variety that they don't get too "samey"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I do prefer metal over plastics because I'd rather spend my free time painting versus assembling. Having said that, these naked Gauls are excellent sculpts with a lot of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeously colourful and scary looking mob! The shields look marvellous.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete